Persons seeking international protection in Iceland may apply for a temporary residence and work permit while their application is being processed. Such a permit does not establish grounds for a permanent residence permit and is subject to certain conditions. Furthermore, this kind of permit is only granted as a temporary solution until a final decision is made in the applicant‘s case.
Further on item b exemption
Further on item d exemption
In order to apply for a temporary residence and work permit, the following documentation must be submitted:
- Application for a temporary residence permit. Form must be original, completed and signed by the applicant.
- Application for a work permit based on special reasons. Form must be original, completed and signed by the applicant and the employer.
- Employment contract. Wages must meet minimum support requirements. The contract must be signed by the applicant and the employer and endorsed by the applicable trade union.
- Housing certificate or rental agreement.
- Payment of processing fee, 15000 ISK.
Further documents to be submitted:
- Medical insurance. Applicants must submit a confirmation of insurance that is valid for the durance of the permit, from an insurance company that is licensed to operate in Iceland.
- Medical certificate issued in Iceland.