As a rule, applicants shall appear in person when lodging an application.
The applicant shall submit the following documentation:
- Application form, completed and signed by the applicant. If the applicant is a minor, the parents/legal guardians have to sign the form.
- A passport size photograph (35X45 mm).
- Travel document. The travel document must be valid at least three months beyond the proposed stay. The document cannot be over 10 years old and must have at least two blank pages.
- Proof of financial support. Either submit applicants bank statement or a guarantee form from the reference person in Iceland “Guarantee form for visits” along with the reference persons bank statement or paystubs.
- Documentation showing applicants ties to home country, e.g. verification from applicants employer of employment upon return or confirmation from applicants school of continued studies upon return.
- Medical Insurance. The insurance coverage must be at least 30.000 Euros.
- Documentation confirming the purpose of travel:
- Letter of invitation from the reference person (host) in Iceland, if the purpose of the trip is a visit to friends or family. For a family visit, documentation of the family relationship is required.
- For a business trip, confirmation/invitation from a company in Iceland.
- For tourists, hotel booking and tour booking, as applicable.
- If the intention is to attend a meeting or seminar, confirmation/invitation from the applicable conference organizer/institution.
When lodging an application, the applicant shall allow the collection of his fingerprints and pay the visa fee.
Please note that these are only the basic requirements. Please check the website of the applicable embassy/consulate, where you intend to lodge your application, as there you will find the complete list of requirements and the application procedure.