Information to citizens of Georgia who have applied or have the intention to apply for international protection in Iceland:
- Georgia is on the Directorate of Immigration’s list of safe countries of origin.
- In the Directorate’s opinion the situation in Georgia is generally safe and authorities can offer citizens sufficient protection.
- Georgian citizens are therefore generally not in need of international protection.
- Applications will be processed in priority procedure and rejected within few days.
- Rejected applicants will be expelled from Iceland and prohibited from returning to the Schengen area for two years.
- Applicants are registered by the police, interviewed by the Directorate of Immigration and receive legal assistance from the Icelandic Red Cross.